top of page
  • What do I need to do to get started?
    These are the items we require you to accomplish before using the kitchen. Please check with the San Diego Health Department for additional requirements. 1. Tenant must provide to Landlord a current copy of his/her Business Insurance naming Park Boulevard Catering Inc. and Patricia Garza named as additionally insured on the policy. You must carry at least a $1,000,000.00 policy. We must have a copy of your insurance with us listed as additionally insured before you can start using the kitchen. We recommend The Hartford for business insurance. 2. You must have done your Kitchen Tour the day you move all of your stuff in to learn how to operate all equipment/clean properly. 3. Pay your $500.00 refundable cleaning deposit 4. Sign your lease!
  • What is included when I rent month to month?
    Yes! To add a picture follow these simple steps: 1. 24 hour access 2. 1 Parking space while you are renting the kitchen space 3. 1 dry storage rack 4. 1 shelf of cold storage 5. Cleaning products 6. Long wooden work/meeting table 7. Front counter for customer pick ups 8. Outfitted front patio with tables and chairs
  • How much does it cost to rent the kitchen?
    Pricing is as follows... Peak Hours 6:00am-6:00pm $25 per hour Non Peak Hours 6:00pm-6:00am $20 per hour Minimum Rental is $400 per month plus our $100 electric fee
  • Can my customers come to the kitchen for a pick up or a meeting?
    Absolutely! We have a beautiful meeting table for you to use for a meeting/tasitng with customers/employees and a lovely front counter for your customers to walk up to for pick up. We even have cute wooden tables, chairs and umbrellas for you to set up out on the front patio if you want a place for your customers to enjoy their food.
  • What if I need a special certification for my product. Will you help me obtain it?
    We will do everything we can to help you get your special certifications. Our kitchen has gone through some rigourous certifications including the U.S. Government as well as Whole Foods. But please keep in mind we will not pay for any certifications, file paper work, make changes to the space that owuld affect other renters, etc. We will simple advise, support and try to do what we can to help you obtain the certification. Note that we are unable to get USDA certified.
  • Do I have to pay for utilities?
    Yes! Utilities are $100 flat fee per month for under 40 hours a month and $200 a month for over 40 hours a month.
  • I want to sell my products to other businesses, online, or in retail packaging at Farmer’s Markets. What should I do?"
    While Park 734 Kitchen is registered with the California Department of Public Health and the Country of San Diego Health Department we will not register your product for you with FDA, USDA, etc. Here are some helpful websites to help you get started on this process. Processed Food Registration (PFR) application Organic Processed Product Registration (OPPR) application:
  • I want to get my product into Whole Foods. Will your kitchen pass their strict inspection?
    Yes! We have had a few companies that have produced products that are currently at Whole Foods. The kitchen has been inspected by them and passed.
  • What about pest control?
    We use Lloyd Pest Control weekly with inspections done every Monday.
  • What about cleanliness?
    We have a very strict list of cleaning duties that each company does every time they use the kitchen. On top of that we deep clean the kitchen every 3 months. The grease trap is also emptied every 6 months.
  • What about package rental deals?
    We are always open to flat rate rental deals based on the volume of hours, the kind of operation you have as well as the amount of dry storage space you will need.
  • I noticed that the time I am interested in renting the kitchen for is booked. Can I still rent the kitchen at that same time?
    Yes! Depending on the type of business you have we will allow you to use the kitchen at the same time as another renter. We have two distinct sections of our rental kitchen, the main kitchen and the prep area. The main kitchen is about 500 sq. ft. and contains everything you would find in a professional kitchen, ovens, range, hood, commercial mixer, fryer, etc. The prep area is about 2000 sq. ft. and has a dozen stainless steel tables, a 3-compartment sink, and a large ice machine. This area is perfect for prep and light cooking. Depending on the type of business you have we allow one business in each area of the kitchen at a time. You only have to get on the calendar if you want to book the kitchen for a specific amount of time and your business will be the sole business in the space. If you book time on the calendar you are required to pay for the time whether you use it or not. Many of our tenants like to book time weekly with our kitchen manager, as they go, so they are only paying for time that they use.
  • Can I bring my children into the kitchen?
    Yes, as long as they are over the age of 13.
  • Can I bring my dog or other pets into the kitchen?
    No, it is against the health department code to bring live animals into a commercial kitchen.
  • What happens if I decide to leave the kitchen?
    You can leave at any time. You just need to give a 30 notice and we will prorate accordingly. So if you give your notice on April 1 then your last day would be April 30. You are not required to use the kitchen during that time but you are required to pay the minimum rent until your last day in the kitchen.
bottom of page